- Once you sign in to your Amazon account, you will remain signed in unless you specifically sign out even if you close an app or turn off a device.
- If you use a computer or other device that may be shared with other people, it can be critical that you properly sign out of Amazon after each use to protect your information and your finances.
- The process of signing out from Amazon differs based on which device you are using as well as which Amazon service or app you’re on.
You would think signing out of Amazon would be easy, right? Just a simple click and you’re done? If you’re using a computer and are on the classic Amazon.com retail site, you’d be right. It is.
Why, then, does the Google search „how do I sign out of Amazon“ get more than 1,990,000 hits? Because when using an Amazon app, watching Prime TV, or you’re on the main site via mobile device, signing out of Amazon actually isn’t that easy.
Why is it hard to sign out of Amazon? Well, first of all, Amazon is trying to make things easy for you. What a pain to have to sign in every time you want to buy some socks or watch a show or listen to music! If you stay logged in, all that stuff is just a tap or click away.
Second, it’s in Amazon’s interest to have you stay logged in — after all, a lot of that stuff that’s a tap or click away makes them money. The added step of the login might give pause, preventing the impulse buy.
The good news is that the power is in your hands: once you know where to find the sign out spot on an Amazon page or app, the whole process takes mere seconds.
How to sign out of Amazon’s website
Assuming you’re using a computer — meaning a desktop or laptop, and not a tablet or app, e.g. — then signing out of Amazon is blissfully simple.
- Move your cursor to hover over the words „Accounts & Lists“ near the top right of the page.
- At the bottom of the drop down menu labeled „Your Account,“ click on „Sign Out.“
That’s it, you’re out.
How to sign out of Amazon on a mobile browser
The sign-out process on a mobile web browser is similarly straightforward, but differs slightly from a desktop sign-out.
- Click the three horizontal bars at the top left corner of the browser page.
- Scroll down to the „Help & Settings“ section.
- Click „Sign Out.“
How to sign out of the Amazon app on Android or iPhone
Signing out of Amazon’s app on a mobile device is a bit trickier, but only because the button with which to sign out takes a few taps to find.
- Open the app, and tap the „Menu“ at the top left corner of the screen.
- On the menu that appears, tap „Settings.“
- On the next menu, tap „Not NAME? Sign out.“
And… you’re out.
How to sign out of the Amazon app on iPad
Getting signed out of Amazon on an iPad is similar to Android and iPhone, but it starts slightly differently.
- From the app’s main screen, tap „Hello NAME.„
- Then, tap „Sign out.“
Now you know — protect your account by taking the few seconds to sign out of Amazon.
Source: business insider